The Church Administrator will provide administrative support to the Lead Pastor and the church ; ensuring efficient operations and effective communication within the church. This role requires discretion, professionalism, and excellent organizational skills.
A. Church Administration
- Support the Lead Pastor:
– Report directly to the Lead Pastor and assist in managing their schedule, appointments, and meetings.
– Coordinate and arrange travel arrangements, both domestic and international, responding promptly to changing needs.
– Handle information requests, prepare ministry letters, reports and correspondence, and manage special projects as assigned.
– Attend meetings with the Lead Pastor, managing the agenda and representing the Lead Pastor when necessary.
- Time and Calendar Management:
– Assist in effectively managing, prioritizing, and optimizing the Lead Pastor’s time, calendar, and deliverables.
– Ensure urgent and priority correspondence and matters are communicated in a timely and effective manner.
– Proactively take initiative and take appropriate action
– maintaining a system that alerts for upcoming deadlines on requests and events.
- Support Pastorate:
– Serve as a resource for the Pastorate, reminding departments of upcoming programs and ensuring the office plans ahead for these programs.
– Prepare necessary correspondence and administrative reports.
– Maintain a proper filing system and manage office purchases.
– Collate church requisitions for signing.
– Update the church calendar in the church office.
– Collate all departmental reports monthly and provide reminders.
– Regularly update all church social media platforms.
B. Other Functions:
- Membership Liaison:
– Liaise with the membership department on membership and database matters.
– Maintain a record of all guests and reconcile statistical information with the Welcome/Follow Up departments.
C. Members’ News:
– Track, communicate members news i.e New Birth,
– Ensure that any reported news or information regarding a member is promptly and effectively forwarded to the appropriate quarters.
– Follow through with necessary actions, including making calls when required.
D. Other Responsibilities:
– Sort and distribute incoming mail, seal, stamp, and sort outgoing mail.
– Maintain accurate and up-to-date church roles and mailing lists, producing a church directory annually.
– Maintain proper documentation for the church storage systems.
– Manage the database of church members and ministries.
– Prepare PowerPoint presentations.
– Perform other assigned responsibilities as needed.
– Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field is preferred.
– Proven experience in high-level administrative support roles.
– Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
– Proficiency in MS Office Suite and other relevant software.
– Strong attention to detail and ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
– Familiarity with social media platforms and content management systems is a plus.
– Ability to multitask, prioritize effectively, and work independently.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to change based on the needs of the church.
An Employment Background Check is required for all positions at House of David Calgary.
This position will initially be remote until December 1, 2023 when it will become fully in-person.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$30.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person